Wednesday, 10 June 2009

sesame seed oil pulling

Although not strictly releated to wild food, earlier this year I read about the effects of sesame seed oil pulling. This entails rinsing about a desert spoon of sesame seed oil in the mouth for 20 minutes every day. It is supposed to give significant health benefits and the 'pulling' refers to pulling out toxins from the system. It is difficult to say for sure if it is effective. However last time I visited the dentist for a check up he mentioned an improvement in the health of my teeth and gums. I have also noticed this. I am in my 50s and have definately noticed my gums are growing again rather than receeding with age. So there is a measubale improvement in mouth health but it is not possible to say about broader health factors for certain. At the same time I am now an advocate of this. As an anecdote I was reading that it is good for the hair so I rubbed sesame seed oil on my hair and left it for an hour as advised. No effect on my hair but I looked at least five or more years younger as the skin on my face had tightened up and I looked so healthy that other people remarked about it. I have rubbed sesame seed oil onto hard skin on an elbow that I rest on the desk with and this has now gone. On returning from walking across fields where lots of deer roam free, I noticed a deer tick on my trousers, when I dabbed it with sesame seed oil it died instantly and I have read that sesame seed oil is effective against insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment