Monday, 31 January 2011

trekking cooking equipment

During the winter and into Spring I am building up and trying out equipment ready for touring and camping come Summer.

The home made alcohol stove is shown in its component parts alongside a Coleman mini stove and a set of round pans. I may take the alcohol stove on fun walks but for anything serious I will use the Coleman gas stove as it is more convenient, safer and it burns a lot longer for the same weight of fuel. I found a set of three round pans in a camping store (Millets) and prefer these over mess tins for convenience. Everything stows nicely inside the set of pans for ease of transport. Am going to try a winter cooked lunch in a nearby forest tomorrow. (I just shivered at the thought of the cold North wind that is blowing just now).

2 comments:

  1. I loved ur Cooking Equipment and images that u issued in ur blogs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much is the fuel consumption and what fuel is used?

    ReplyDelete