This is taken and adapted from Deepak Chopra's book The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success Transworld Publishers/Bantam Press 1996.
If you like what you read here which just a summary of what I understand from Dr Chopra's book I strongly recommend that you read it as you will gain knowledge, insights and motivation.
- Detach yourself from your desires. The things you desire are only symbols of yourself. If you focus on your desires they are less likely to come to fruition because in effect you are focussing on the past. Consider your desires because you need to know what you want. More important than desires are your intentions. The things you intend to do to bring about your desires. Plan and think through your desires and intentions.
- Meditate regularly at least once a day for 20 – 30 minutes. Before the meditation think through your intentions then introduce just a whisper of an intention into the meditation.
- Give what you seek. This will lead to good karma.
- Learn about your unique talents, the thing or things that you can do better than anyone else. Focus on these talents and do them as much as you can and you will experience 'flow'.
- Use or give your talents in the service of others. You will then serve the whole of humanity.
- Every day ask yourself, "What can I do to help others?" and respond to the answer you get.
These things will bring your desires into your life with what seems like effortless ease and lead to a sense of deep fulfilment that is rewarding on a deeper level than just having the symbols of success.
There are one or two other parts of the book that I don't fully understand yet and I am looking forward to a further and deeper reading of Dr Chopra's work...
Something I am beginning to understand is to do more on less. By that I mean instead of focussing efforts on lots of different outcomes (or goals) focus efforts on just one intended outcome or goal.