Thursday, 13 November 2014

first MTP joint resection arthroplasty. out of action for a while

About ten years ago I started getting severe pain in the joints of my left foot when driving home from a jive dance event. Over the years it worsened and spread to both feet so that walking was painful.

I went to see a surgeon who suggested Keller Athroplasty and had the surgery on Monday morning.

Will keep a diary of the recovery - which seems to be going well up to now. I have to stay off my feet for a bit but I can already feel the pain in the joint has lessened.

Am getting to know just how bad daytime television is - despite the number of channels.

I want to say thanks to the NHS for great service and level of treatment.

When recovered next spring I am going to have a go at 'guerrilla gardening'.

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/